Why work at Arcadia?
Arcadia is a small, welcoming, progressive, project-focused charter school, serving grades 6-12. We’re looking for professionals who can creatively engage students in the rewarding challenges of understanding the world around them. Arcadia is 45 minutes south of the Twin Cities in Northfield, MN, the winner of a variety of ‘best small town’ awards, with two excellent colleges and a community that embraces quality education. We value authentically student-centered education, and we may be the right place for you.
School Social Worker, 1.0 FTE
Employment with Arcadia offers teamwork, leadership opportunities, challenges and room to grow. We believe that excellent educators are critical to the success of all students, as well as creating and maintaining a safe, positive community atmosphere that embraces the family unit and emphasizes continuous progress toward physical, emotional, and mental health.
The ideal candidate will be joining a team of educators and special education educators, a special education administrative assistant to facilitate all due process paperwork, and highly involved related providers, such as the school psychologist.
The School Social Worker needed for this position will:
● Provide comprehensive School Social Work services to parents, students, and school staff, addressing barriers that may limit a student from receiving the full benefit from their educational experience at Arcadia Charter School.
● Respond to referrals from school staff and parents via the special services continuum of services, providing direct services, and by assisting families in accessing appropriate community resources.
● Provide direct and indirect Special Education services and participate in the child find and evaluation process.
● Facilitate the Child Find process and coordinate 504 plans.
Requirements and Qualifications
● Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Social Work from an accredited social work program; AND two (2) years of professional social work experience with children, youth, and families; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
● Licensed by the Board of Social Work (LSW, LGSW, LISW, or LICSW; LICSW preferred).
● Valid license as a School Social Worker from the Minnesota Department of Education
● Experience working with adolescents in a school setting and experience with special education is highly preferred.
Salary and benefits negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, download the employment application from our website:https://arcadiacharterschool.org/employment and email it along with a cover letter, résumé, and three references, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Materials can also be mailed to the school: Attn: Laura Stelter, Arcadia Charter School 1719 Cannon Road Northfield, MN 55057.
Special Education Teacher
Arcadia Charter School is a progressive, project-based charter school serving 128 students in grades 6-12, located in Northfield, MN. We are seeking a Special Education Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. Our mission is “to prepare our students to transition intellectually, emotionally, and ethically to higher education, future employment, and engaged citizenship.” We pride ourselves on creating meaningful educational experiences with our students in an inclusive, supportive community of learners.
The ideal Special Education Teacher needed for this position will be licensed in special education or as an Academic Behavior Strategist, and will provide specialized instruction for students with mild to moderate disabilities (LD, OHD, ASD, or EBD).
Job Title: 1.0 FTE Special Education Teacher
- Minnesota K-12 special education licensure
- Experience working with students at the secondary level.
- Skill in designing, writing, implementing curriculum and evaluation within an Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Skill in planning and facilitating student transitions to post-secondary settings
- Experience working with regular education teachers to provide appropriate accommodations for special education students.
- Experience with integration/inclusive community trends
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with teachers and parents
- Skills in crisis prevention and de-escalation procedures.
The ideal applicant will have knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- specialized instruction in reading, writing, and/or math
- organizational skills instruction
- progress monitoring
- use of assistive software and technology
- IEP writing and conducting evaluations
- creating schedules and managing paraprofessionals
- excellent communication skills for collaboration with general education teachers and providing information to parents
To apply for this position, download the employment application from our website:https://arcadiacharterschool.org/employment and email it along with a cover letter, résumé, and three references, to email@example.com. Materials can also be mailed to the school: Attn: Kathleen A. Schmidt, Arcadia Charter School 1719 Cannon Road Northfield, MN 55057.